Materials Selection in Mechanical Design
Materials Selection in Mechanical Design, Fifth Edition, winner of a 2018 Textbook Excellence Award (Texty), describes the procedures for material selection in mechanical design in order to ensure that the most suitable materials for a given application are identified from the full range of materials and section shapes available. Extensively revised for this fifth edition, the book is recognized as one of the leading materials selection texts, providing a unique and innovative resource for students, engineers, and product/industrial designers.
- Winner of a 2018 Textbook Excellence Award (Texty) from the Textbook and Academic Authors Association
- Includes significant revisions to chapters on advanced materials selection methods and process selection, with coverage of newer processing developments such as additive manufacturing
- Contains a broad scope of new material classes covered in the text with expanded data tables that include “functional materials such as piezoelectric, magnetostrictive, magneto-caloric, and thermo-electric materials
- Presents improved pedagogy, such as new worked examples throughout the text and additional end-of-chapter exercises (moved from an appendix to the relevant chapters) to aid in student learning and to keep the book fresh for instructors through multiple semesters
- “Forces for Change chapter has been re-written to outline the links between materials and sustainable design
The consistency of using the same type of graph throughout reduces the amount of time needed to find your answer.
The problems all seem relevant to subject and deliver practical uses for said property